Unstuck Film Screening
Disclaimer: These are my thoughts about the two films that were screened that night. I'm aware that this is late and long overdue. However, I thought I would put my two cents out there anyway. Also, these are my thoughts right after the filming that I had written down in my notebook.
Film 1:
I enjoyed the film even though the experience of the film itself was uncomfortable. I think the uneasiness of the repetition in the film made me very uncomfortable. Also, I kind of started to get anxious while watching it. The protagonist does this routine which to me felt like a never-ending cycle. At one point in the movie, I started to widely shake my legs and wanted to yell out, "leave already". There was a part in the film where you can hear the inner voice of the subject and another voice as the subject is doing the repetition. All of that got me very anxious like I wanted to curl up into a ball with noise-canceling headphones on. That piece reminded me of an exercise we had to complete for a Mental Health First Aid course. The instructor wanted us to understand a piece of what a person with schizophrenia has to go through. In no way am I comparing schizophrenia with OCD. That piece just really put everything into perspective. Although, I was uncomfortable it was a much-needed step away from my comfort zone honestly. I'm glad that I saw this film and would recommend it to a lot of people to see.
Film 2:
This is going to sound very repetitive, but I really enjoyed the film. I enjoyed hearing about OCD from the kids' standpoint. When I thought of OCD, I never fully thought about kids, which was a weird way for me to think. the kids made it simple, not simple where it's overlooked but simple where I can understand it and get a glance of its like. While watching the film I made myself a promise that I wouldn't compare their experiences to any of mine or anything else in my life. I wanted to go in there with an open mind so I can take a lot away from the film and I did. It really helped me see OCD from a different standpoint. I learned a lot, I mean a lot and this really makes me want to learn a lot more and work to help break the stigmas on OCD. The film was well crafted and very simple.
Overall:
The contrast between the 2 films was great. It really made you experience two sides of it.
Extra Thoughts
Writing this now made me realize that I could've used some of the sound editing techniques from the first film in my audio portrait project. Also, the first film is an inspiration for my final project in terms of the audio. Now I can finally appreciate the audio techniques in that film in its fullness. I really want to watch now and analyze it using my newly acquired knowledge.
Comments
Post a Comment