To me, artist statements are stressful because you really don't know what to write. You go out and read all these other artist statements trying to make yours like them. You overthink about what to add what to not add. By "you" I mean "me".
So here I go trying to introduce myself as an artist...
First of all, I just started to characterize myself as an artist because for so long I didn't think I was artistically creative. However, life and college slapped me into an identity crisis, when I started to hate my science major. Media was the one thing in my life that I felt like I could endure boring tasks and still somehow end up loving it.
I'm a filmmaker who has yet to make a film. But I will pretty soon, hopefully. I believe that my passion for film making comes from the fact that I love storytelling. Verbally, I'm not too great at it but with pen and paper, I am. I love listening to people's stories and learning from their experiences.
As a filmmaker, I want to tell stories that will capture people's attention even for a second. I strongly believe that most things we do should benefit the community around us and that's why I'm interested in documentary film making. I want to talk about and shine a light on topics affecting our communities positively and negatively.
When executed well film can be universal and jump across barriers. I want to learn how to be a filmmaker that expresses an idea in a way where most people understand or it makes them think even for a second.
Comments
Post a Comment